Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another gorgeous day!

Hi everyone, hope all is well. I don't have much to report today, as I have been mainly doing homework all day, which isn't so bad since I don't HAVE to do it. I woke up this morning and had some peanut butter toast (thanks Ariana!) and then decided I should take my Spanish novel (that I STILL have not started yet) and go out into the streets and maybe read in a Plaza or something. Well, what I didn't know was that the day was filled with festivities. I walked past one Plaza and heard loud music coming from inside, so of course I venture in. In the middle of the Plaza is a huge stage with dancers in Basque costume (costumbre) and a band. They were doing traditional Basque dances which was pretty exciting to see. I took a lot of videos as well as pictures and eventually sat down and had a cup of coffee and enjoyed the entertainment. The dancers were old to young. They each had a partner that they matched in clothes and danced with. The cutest were the little girls who couldn't have been more than 8 years old but still managed to know all of the dances and smiled :D. Makes me miss dance classes and fun costumes.

After the dancing was over I started making my way to the Boulevard, which is the main drag here. On my way I stopped by a culture exhibit. A few months ago we had the Film Festival which was a pretty big deal. Now they are showing a Horror Film Festival. While I am not very interested in seeing any of those films, they do have a little musem set up with past paraphanelia (I don't know how to spell that word) from older horror movies that have been at the festival. This one is one of the costumes used in a film in 2000. Creepy eh? They had like a huge cat monster, some nice three-eyed monster heads and this mermaid skeleton which reminded me A LOT of Jake the Alligator Man from Long Beach ha.
After being grossed out, I finally made it to the Boulevard and there happened to be some huge race. They were bumping music and had blocked the whole road off for this huge race. It was just the end but people were still finishing to rounds of applause. I decided that since the coffee place I wanted to go to was at the end of the race and it was so busy, that I would keep walking around. I took a couple shots of the Fall weather. One is of this tree that they have here, which I have never seen before. It's like a lace kind of leave and they change color just like regular leaves. They are really pretty now that they are multi-colored. I just walked around some more, like I do every weekend and am becoming better at wandering with no direction or end point. Hooray for progress ha. Just took a few shots that I thought I would share with you. It's so funny to see palm trees here standing right next to trees that are changing color, but I love it!

I eventually got hungry and came home and cooked a tuna casserole (thanks Mom and Grammy) with REAL ingredients. I made it with cheddar cheese which I found yestserday at Eroski and cream of mushroom soup from my birthday...it was scrumptous.

Since I didn't end up doing ANY homework and reading while I was out today I have been doing it this evening. In fact, I should probably get back to my vocabulary, but wanted to share a few pictures from my weekend with you. I also added a few to my Favorite Shots on the right :D Enjoy the day!

Besos!
Amanda

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Jake the Alligator Man! haha love it :)

Miss you!